Membership of School Food Matters will provide your school with the following:
• Professional Development for your school canteen manager, canteen volunteers and teaching staff. In particular, we will be able to tailor professional development that supports the Australian Curriculum for Health and Physical Education due to begin its roll out this year,
• Support and current relevant resources on; nutrition, food safety, classroom activities, community linkages, approved food suppliers and school community policy through a variety of mediums,
• Training, networking, resources and audits for the effective management of a school canteen, including financial viability,
• Opportunity to nominate for the School Food Matters annual School Food Service Awards
• Newsletters providing the latest ideas on canteen operation and suitable canteen menus
• Assistance in meeting the “limit occasional foods” criteria (icon), if you are participating in the Move Well Eat Well program.
• Some great canteen recipes that meet Green or Amber rating.
Becoming a Corporate Member of School Food Matters offers a range of Marketing and Promotional Opportunities.
- Listing in the annual School Food Matters Product Guide
- Use of School Food Matters approved wording for product promotion
- School Food Matters Certificate of Approval
- Demonstration at a canteen workshop of registered products
If you are interested in becoming an individual member of School Food Matters we can offer access to our resources and expertise. Our Project Officers are on hand to offer advice and answer any questions you might have regarding your school canteen. You will also have access to the member only section of the website.